Body Rest Bedding Company (Aust) P/L offers the warranty on its beds, only to the original purchaser of the product. During the term of the warranty, Body Rest Bedding will repair or replace at its own option without charges to the original purchaser, any manufacturing fault as defined. Body Rest Bedding reserves the right to refuse service when the product is found to be in an unsanitary condition or when the product failure is due to causes other that defective workmanship or faulty materials. If identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement, Body Rest bedding reserves the Manufacturers right to substitute materials of equal quality.
The warranty covers the following specific manufacturing faults under the conditions of normal wear.
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken
- Coils or wires that protrude or tear through any fabric
- Foundation is covered by a one year warranty only warranty only
- Splitting occurring in the wooden frame
- Loose or broken foundation wire
- Compression of modules
- Leg and/or castor failure
This Warranty does not cover:
- Covers including stains, soiling or burns
- Body indentations which are normal occurrence and indicate that the upholstery layers of the mattress are performing as they should. It is not recommended to sit on the edge of the mattress this can cause the border to sag over a period of time.
- Handles which should only be to position the mattress and may pull out if used to support the full weight of the mattress.
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress and foundation, bent due to moving or bending of the mattress or base.
- Bedding sold as is.
- Bed height.
- The mattress is used on a slat type foundation, where the slats are more than 60mm apart and less than 35mm in thickness.
- When product failure is due to causes other than defective workmanship or materials/ bent or broken castors or legs, loose T-nuts inside base, caused by castor legs not having been kept sufficiently tight.
- Comfort preference.
- Smell, (some raw materials used in the mattress have a natural smell).
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate foundation. A mattress is designed for full foundation as part of a total sleep set.
- Sheet fit
- Replacement of another piece in the sleep set, unless such other piece is also defective.
- Mattress or foundation damage due to abuse
The benefits conferred by the warranty in addition to all other right and remedies in respect of the product with the purchaser has under the Trade Practices Act (commonwealth) 1974 and similar State and Territory laws.
During the first year after purchase, transport charges will be met by Body Rest Bedding. After the first year, transportation charges within Australia will be met by the purchaser. In on case will any transportation chargers be accepted without prior approval from Body Rest Bedding. All claims in respect to the warranty are to be made to the store from which the product was purchased prior to the expiry of the warranty
For a more detailed description of the warranty conditions please read the warranty card supplied with the mattress.